EXPLORE AND CONNECT.
We believe great hotels have stories that go beyond providing a bed for the night; these walls, soaked with history are now ready to make new memories. The Convent is a place where you can live like a local, create connections to people and place… all without taking a vow of poverty. Staying true to the original architecture, our rooms offer all the comforts of home layered with playful design touches and all the modern conveniences. The Spanish mission style building houses ornate ceilings, stucco arches and vast steel windows where you will find the eclectic rooms nestled within. A one of a kind stay every time.
WHY STAY WITH US?
• If you’re thinking of Auckland for your next getaway, or just looking for the perfect staycation spot, The Convent is the place for a unique and memorable stay without the luxe price tag.
• Away from the city chaos, the location is an urban setting allowing guests to experience the city like a local whilst only being a stones' throw from Auckland’s centre.
• The Convent offers a sense of community with spaces to relax, read or even enjoy an evening tipple.
• Luxury linen, towels, toiletries and complimentary snack bar all give your stay that comfortable home away from home feeling for optimum relaxation.
• The history of the building is one thing that can’t be overlooked, with clever design touches enhancing the architectural heritage; your stay will be far from the four white walls we’ve come to expect.
• Our friendly team will offer you sophisticated service without the stiffness; we have personality and soul in droves.
LIVE LIKE A LOCAL.
Our staff are passionate about Auckland and are are happy to let you in on the best hidden gems the city has to offer, whether it be the finest restaurant in town or the ultimate spot to pull out a picnic rug and eat fish and chips. When you stay with us you will see the city through the eyes of those who know it best.
Located in Grey Lynn, one of Auckland's more quaint neighbourhoods you’ll find yourself immersed into a mixture of old and new, surrounded by quirky cafes, eateries and shops. A 10 minute stroll down the road and you’ll land yourself in the buzzing hum of Ponsonby and K’Rd.
Ada restaurant, arguably in the most visually striking part of The Convent Hotel, is a place where you can experience a seasonal menu with an Italian influence. Not only for guests of the hotel, this beautiful space is open for everyone to enjoy. The glass ceiling vaulted above the dining area, formerly familiar to the Nuns as the cloisters, bridges the past and present of our historical building. With Hayden Phiskie (ex Cotto) and Johnny Price (Rita, Wellington) at the helm, Ada carries forward the approachable nature of sharing great pasta and wine.